Thursday 17 May 2007

It's RAINING, it's pouring . . .

And yes, the old man's been snoring. After having been laid up all week so far with a NASTY stomach bug, I think he deserves some serious rest too. It all started on Thursday apparently. Charlie caught PT to work and had a normal day. Started feeling crook on Friday, was tired on Saturday but well enough to cook for Leo and Joanna who came for dinner (they and I are all fine, by the way). Sunday he did some more knees up running around activities and Monday he looked like death warmed up so he stayed home from work. Tuesday he was worse, and managed to drag himself to the doctor (luckily it's only a few blocks from our house, I wouldn't have wanted him driving too far in his condition!). Turns out he's practically dead with a blood pressure of 106/50 . . . So he sent me a message asking me to come straight home from uni (after my Biochem prac) and when I got there, I promptly turned around and went to fill his prescription! Four tactical nukes in the form of some very serious antibiotics later and he seems to almost be himself again. But Wednesday and today have been spent asleep on the couch. We'll see how he pulls up tomorrow.

So yeah, it's been raining cats and dogs today. It would be the day I didn't take my brolly to uni (because it was clear and sunny when I left this morning!). Luckily I drove today as I wouldn't have wanted to be waiting on the bus stop, in the rain, wearing a white shirt :s No jumper 'coz of the nice weather, see? :D

I took some photos as proof!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket If you look closely, you can see the raindrops on the washing line. Guess who had washing out?! The ladder is up because Cujo is all in favour of climbing onto the roof to sun herself and not being able to get down. She doesn't much like the rain though!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket One of the three plants that are actually growing in our backyard. I don't count the plum or casurinas because they're well established . . .

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Another of our plants that are actually growing. The fence is there to keep the chooks off as "Milton the Monsterior" is the only truly green thing they can get at in the yard.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket We may actually get some lemons this year! Although I think I'll have to attack it with the steel knife (when I have a steel knife!) to encourage it to grow some more first.

In other news, our oldest cat, Lottie, passed away last Saturday. She was about 23 and had outlived 3 owners! She's been off colour for a couple of days, and we went out shopping in the morning, came back in the afternoon and she was dead under the Jag. She'd had a good run though.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
RIP Lottie
1984 ~ 2007

No comments: